WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ultralite Flyover

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ultralite Flyover on 5/31/2011, 6:13 am

teeceeveecee

Hey Dave was that you in the green ultralite buzzing the field Sunday ?

Nice looking rig. I left the field about 1215 hrs, just before the rain. Was able to get three flights on my Skybolt and one on the Slowpoke.

Hey I seem to remember a while back we were talking about our mutual admiration for the old World Engines "Robinhood", if it wasn't you just figure the old fart must be on the wrong cluod again. Anyway, I was able to pick up a NIB Robinhood, 80 inch version from a guy in Michigan yesterday (all I needed, another kit).

Tom

2 Re: Ultralite Flyover on 5/31/2011, 10:40 pm

dcs155

Hey Tom, Yep that was me. My plan was to get a quik ultra-light flight in and then hit the field, unfortunately I ran into that rain on the way back to the airport and by the time I got the plane in the hangar it was a real downpour With all my rc stuff in the back of my open truck!!!! BTW I think I have plenty of room to land @ the field if I make my approach from the NE between the trees Very Happy
I understand about not needing any more kits but sometimes ya see stuff ya just gotta have Shocked Shocked

3 Lookin' Good on 6/1/2011, 5:24 am

teeceeveecee

Hi Dave:

Yeah I thought you were going to land on that last pass. If that one tree right in the middle on the NE approach was out of there landing would be a snap. Getting ten feet lower on the approach would let you bleed off airspeed instead of having to drop down after the tree.

Sure looks like a nice rig.

The rain on the way back to Milton was a gully washer. You should drop that red cap on the Ranger, getting stuff all wet is a hassle.

Just had to have that Robinhood !

Tom

4 Re: Ultralite Flyover on 6/2/2011, 10:26 pm

dcs155

Hey thanks for the compliments on the plane Tom Very Happy If I don't land @ the club field you'll have to stop at the hangar and check it out.

5 Love To See It on 6/3/2011, 5:26 am

teeceeveecee

Yeah Dave, I would love to see your aircraft. Anything that flies !

Tom

6 Re: Ultralite Flyover on 6/3/2011, 10:10 am

rwcd

flies fly

7 Love 'em on 6/3/2011, 11:33 am

teeceeveecee

rwcd wrote:flies fly

Love 'em on rye with Grey Poupon and a Heineken.

Tom

8 Re: Ultralite Flyover on 6/3/2011, 2:56 pm

rwcd

Anything goes good with beer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum