WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Current Project

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Sorted on 8/21/2012, 6:30 pm

teeceeveecee

dcs155 wrote:Awesome set up Tom!!!! Cant wait to see ( and hear ) that one fly!! Very Happy Very Happy

Hi dave- thanks for the comments, I was at the field again today (Monday) and got the prop selection sorted out. Seems of stock props, a 14 X 6 Vess scimitar is the best. I am however going to trim the diameter on a couple of Master Airscrews and test. The sound is awesome, at idle each cylinder speaks, of course as RPM's build they blend together but still very distinct. I have run many radials but this is my first with a Keleo collector ring, excellent!

Tom

27 Re: My Current Project on 8/21/2012, 10:45 pm

rwcd

I don't believe a MAS is even close to a Vess.

28 Affirmative On That ! on 8/22/2012, 5:40 am

teeceeveecee

rwcd wrote:I don't believe a MAS is even close to a Vess.

Hey Roger- affirmative on that. The Vess profile is far better aerodynamically, not only confirmed by perofmance figures but the old ear-balls tell us the same story. A real plus on the Vess is they are factory balanced by the polyeurothane coating thickness.

Probably stay with a Vess 14 X 6, but I want to get a couple of Vess 13 X 8's just to satisfy my love to tinker.

Tom

29 Re: My Current Project on 8/22/2012, 1:11 pm

rwcd

Sounds like a good plan Tom.

30 Maiden Flight on 8/24/2012, 1:29 pm

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys:

I posted a video of the maiden, didn't have my "noggin cam" but I did have my tripod set up with the Samsung. You can see a little bit and hear the music. If you watch, shut it off at 2.0 minutes, I forgot to shut off the camera. Taxi back tripped up in one of our "ditches" but not too bad for the maiden. Will get a better video when I get a chance to have Dave fly it for me while I video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F6KsuGR_og&feature=youtube_gdata

Tom

31 Re: My Current Project on 8/24/2012, 5:23 pm

rwcd

Sounds great Tom.

32 Re: My Current Project on 8/24/2012, 11:16 pm

dcs155

Hey Tom, looks great!! I'll be out sunday and would LOVE to fly it!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

33 Can't Make Sunday on 8/25/2012, 5:33 am

teeceeveecee

dcs155 wrote:Hey Tom, looks great!! I'll be out sunday and would LOVE to fly it!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hi Dave, I can't make Sunday. I will be out today (SaturdaY). I am anxious for you to fly R-3 so I can get a decent video. Maybe we can "gitter done" next weekend.

Tom

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum